Your immune system works hard to protect your body from foreign outside invaders, like viruses, bacteria, toxins (microbe-produced chemicals), and fungi. It's made up of various cells, organs, and proteins that work simultaneously.
There are a couple primary parts of your immune system:
- Your innate immune system (you were born with this)
- Your adaptive immune system (you develop this when you expose your body to chemicals released by microbes, or by microbes alone)
Both work together.
How Your Immune System Works
When your immune system is properly working, it knows the difference between foreign substances, and the cells that are yours. It then begins activating, mobilizing, attacking, and killing the foreign substance that could cause your body harm.
Your immune system begins learning about germs and foreign substances, once you've been exposed to them, and your body starts developing antibodies to protect you from them.
What Occurs When Your Immune System Doesn't Properly Work
Now, when your immune system doesn't work properly, an issue like an infection can develop. In some cases, your immune system begins to attack even when there's no foreign invader, and it won't stop attacking even after an actual invader is killed. Activities like these lead to issues like allergic reactions and autoimmune diseases.
How Does CBD Help Your Immune System?
According to a number of studies, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) plays a huge role in a variety of body functions. This includes immunity regulation. One of the active compounds in the cannabis plant, CBD, interacts with your cannabinoid receptors of your ECS system, helping in smooth body function regulation.
You have two receptors in your ECS that interact with cannabinoids like CBD — CB1 receptors, and CB2 receptors. You’ll mostly find your CB1 receptors in your central nervous system, and your CB2 receptors in body areas like your:
- GI system
- Immune system
CBD helps maintain a healthy inflammation response. In fact, certain animal studies show it helps to support a healthy lung inflammatory response. In mice, it enhances lung function after the mice were exposed to a lung irritant.
In another study, CBD improved health lung markers like reduced total lung elastance and resistance, myeloperoxidase activity in lung tissue, leukocyte migration into the lungs, and protein concentration.
Research has found CBD can actually influence your immune system. Even more, research found it contains anti-inflammatory properties, and it works like an immunomodulator and immunosuppressant. A large amount of research talks about the immunosuppressant impact of CBD.
Here's what CBD can do:
- CBD consists of anti-inflammatory properties, which could decrease the inflammatory response of your immune system. Inflammation is an important response that works to isolate infected areas, and prevent the spread of toxins. CBD can promote cellular death, or apoptosis.
- CBD can suppress or modulate the secretion and function of cytokines. These are big groups of protein specific immune system cells that your body secretes. Their function is signaling molecules that regulate your body's inflammation, immunity, and white blood cell production.
- CBD can prevent rapid cellular growth, or proliferation.
- CBD can suppress T-cell function and production, basically suppressing your immune system's ability of remembering foreign substances.
If you're looking to achieve CBD's potential benefits to your immune system, it's important you buy only quality and reputable products. Make sure you do your research, and find companies that only provide reputable products.
Why Not Try a CBD Pillow?
The CBD Pillow, from CBDPillow.com, is infused with micro-encapsulation technology. This technology works by embedding millions of microcapsules filled with CBD into your CBD pillow. However, unlike edibles or topicals, CBD pillows slowly release microdoses of CBD throughout the night, providing you with a consistent source of CBD.
With a CBD pillow:
- You don't have to worry about the CBD wearing off after a few hours. The pillow releases CBD microdoses all night long, allowing you to enjoy a peaceful, restorative sleep.
- You wake up feeling balanced and refreshed; never groggy and tired.
- You have a proven system for relieving sleep problems and chronic pain.
- You receive a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Your sleep is improved.
CBDPillow.com makes it a priority to produce safe, clean CBD sleep products. We approach our testing program with an aim for constant transparency, refinement, and innovation. You can check out our lab testing page here.
Order your CBD-infused pillow today.