New methods of consuming cannabis are bringing us further away from the idea you use the herb solely through joints or bongs. Cannabis-infused topicals are one example of the various methods of delivery you now have of cannabis.
What Are Topicals?
CBD topicals are designed for applying to your skin topically through massage or rubbing. They can take several different forms, including:
- Skin creams and lotions: CBD skin creams and lotions have almost the same texture as your regular body lotions and creams. Like skin lotion and cream, they contain different restorative ingredients for healthy skin, such as aloe vera and shea butter.
- Salves and balms: Like salves you apply to your skin and lip balms, CBD balms provide a thicker texture because of certain ingredients like beeswax.
- Oils: Topical CBD oils are much like massage oils. They have a more oily, slicker feel to them. Keep in mind, however, CBD topical oils are not the same thing as CBD oils in terms of a product category. Generally, CBD oil can describe any type of CBD product, since the product contains CBD oil that's extracted from the hemp plant.
- Others: While those above are the primary varieties of CBD topicals available today, manufacturers are constantly inventing new formulas like bath bombs, tingly lubricants, long-lasting patches, and more.
Topicals absorb through your skin to provide you with localized relief of inflammation, pain, and soreness. And, since they're non-intoxicating, you can receive the therapeutic benefits of cannabis without the cerebral euphoria that comes with other methods of delivery.
Also, because CBD topicals aren't psychoactive, when you apply them to your skin, they won't give you the same mind-altering effects ingesting THC does. So, using CBD in topical form proves to be a useful alternative if you want to avoid THC's psychoactive effects, and if you would like other options besides OTC steroid-based creams often used for joint pain, arthritis, and similar ailments.
Why Use CBD Topicals?
Some individuals choose topicals over other CBD products because they’re looking to enjoy giving themselves a massage, and relaxing. Others find they are more effective at treating chronic pain, providing general relaxation, and improving skin health.
A few reasons include:
- Chronic pain: A study in 2016 on rats with pain from arthritis showed reduced joint swelling, lower pain response, and better paw movement when given a topical CBD gel.
- Skincare: CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties not only help with pain, but also help treat dry skin, acne, and psoriasis. CBD lotions and creams can soothe irritated and inflamed skin.
- Relaxation: CBD’s anti-anxiety and analgesic properties also help it ease general pain and stress, whether from temporary stress, an anxiety disorder, or post-exercise muscle strain.
How CBD Topicals Work
CBD topicals can help alleviate a number of symptoms. Once you apply a topical, it can take a little time before you experience relief depending on the dose, how frequently you use it, and how severe your condition is.
Most users find applying topicals regularly provides them with an analgesic effect that substantially reduces their localized pain or discomfort. While CBD is often used for pain relief, it could also help with headaches, cramps and psoriasis. The effects of CBD could:
- Raise the levels of your natural pain-relieving endocannabinoids
- Desensitize pain receptors
- Decrease inflammatory responses
How to Use CBD Topicals
When looking for a CBD topical, you'll want to ensure you only use a high-quality CBD topical with a large dose of cannabidiol. Gently massage a generous amount of the CBD topical into your skin at the affected area. CBD's anti-inflammatory properties will get to work to soothe the affected area, and provide you with long-lasting relief.
As with any type of CBD product, the best topical for you will depend on your personal preference. For instance, you may prefer a textured topical over another type.
It can also depend on the reason you're using the topical. For instance, if you're using CBD to promote a general sense of relaxation, you may prefer a lotion you can apply easily all over your body. However, if you're trying to treat back pain, rubbing a salve or topical oil into your back may be more effective.
Different CBD topicals will provide different benefits, depending on how they're processed, and what ingredients are in them. So, you'll want to experiment with a variety of topical products to see which works best for you. You'd be surprised how one special ingredient could make a huge difference in relieving pain.
See How a CBD-Infused Pillow Can Benefit You
The practice of putting herbs under your pillow has been around for many years. Originally, it was thought this practice calmed bad dreams, and brought good dreams. Now, you can experience better, more peaceful sleep with CBD-infused pillows. A CBD-infused pillow can make it easier for you to fall asleep, and stay asleep.
CBD improves your sleep quality because it acts as a natural sedative. And, when your sleep quality is high, it helps with things like:
● Better cognition
● Aids body repair
● Increased immunity
There are a number of different herbs useful for sleep. Now, thanks to CBD-infused pillows, not only will you sleep better, you can now experience the benefits of CBD while doing so. Click here to begin your 30 night guarantee, and start sleeping better yourself.